21 January 2009

Finally!


We have snow!!
Afterall, if it's going to routinely hover around 17 degrees outside, then there might as well be something to show for it.

Well, technically this isn't the first snow of the season as there was an earlier snow in November, but I have bitter feelings toward that one since it came down on my yard still full of leaves. Besides, it wasn't enough to do any serious snow playing--only make the job of raking up those leaves all the more unpleasant.



But this time it was enough to play on, and, better yet, even happened to coincide with MLK day and a day off from school. So the kids were happily bundled and outside to try out the sledding...which, since it wasn't a huge amount of snow, turns out was best done on the driveway and not the grass (it's a good thing we live on a dead-end road).





Happy Winter




p.s. I would just like to point out how I keeps it real by having a completely mismatched assortment of winter clothing for the kids. If only Isabel had been wearing her fuschia snowpants just to really prove the point.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mismatched is totally the way to go (I've aimed for matching before, but the kids always go for the non-matched things, anyway.)

I'm glad you got snow. I totally agree that winter should have something to show for itself. (And, actually, Utah has been fairly obliging that way, this year.)

Anonymous said...

At least you HAVE snow clothes for the kids. The storm caught me totally unprepared, and the only snow pants that fit Parker were pink ones. He chose to stay inside.

Kristin said...

Man! You guys got a lot more snow than we did. My poor kids were outside making dirt angels, because there was no snow. We saw flakes, but by the time they hit the ground, they had melted! :)

Anna said...

Congrats on the snow. Now can it please be spring.
I hate Jan. in UT. You should see how HORRIBLE the inversion is. I feel like a chain smoker. UGH!

(Thanks for keeping in real)