
We're back! We had a fabulous Christmas vacation in NYC with Adam's family, but it put me on blogging sabbatical as the only internet access at the inlaw's place is AOL dial-up. Basically you don't get online unless you have a penknife in hand just incase your sanity can't handle it for long. So, I've a lot to catching up to do, but I told myself that I couldn't do the complete rundown until my house is back in order....and until I've figured out how to upload the pics off our new fancy camera. So I'll try and get the Christmas review out before Valentine's day, but I wouldn't cross my fingers about it at this point.
Basically, I'm here to say PLEASE, please, please don't take us off your Christmas card list next year even though we couldn't get it together enough to get a card out to much more than the Grandparents. It was a wonderful vacation-extension when on Wednesday instead of getting back to business around the house, I set the holiday and house clutter aside and let the kids fend for themselves while I spent the afternoon reading and enjoying the stack of cards from so many great friends and family that came while we were gone (in addition to all the cards we recieved before we left town, of course). I loved it...them...and this year, as always, I want to save every single one. I feel blessed and overwhelmed by the weath of friendship that our family enjoys from all of you. So, in response: Congratulations to the new babies that came in 2007 and the new babies expected in 2008. Your kids are all so adorable, smart, and funny, and they are growing too quickly (and how do you manage to get those good family photos with everyone all smiling at the same time?). I'm seriously impressed and inspired by the many projects, house re-do's, books read, callings, marathons, service, halloween costumes, children's music lessons, and vacations you are able to successfully accomplish. I want to be more like you. Really. And more than anything, I wish that we had more time (and more money!) in order to spend it with all of you. We wish you the best for 2008 and hope that our paths can cross again sometime soon.
1 comment:
Do you also wish you had more money to spend ON us all? I'll wish for that too.
Post a Comment