10 December 2010

Leaf Harvest



Call us crazy, but we've finally figured out how to somewhat enjoy raking the millions of leaves that fall every year in our backyard.  It's called, the late-night date of raking leaves together--with our his and hers headlamps, some new lightweight rakes, a large tarp we fill with leaves and carry together, and plenty of time to talk with no interruptions.  No, seriously. Even though I am especially skilled at complaining about my house and the various chores involved in home ownership, it's at least one way to make lemonade from our yard full of lemons.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Whoah, that is a MOUNTAIN of leaves. Sounds like a fun date to me, and I'm not just saying that.

Mary Ann said...

That is such our dating life right now! We have the Clean-the-kitchen-and-watch-30-Rock date, the Saturday-morning-jog date, the Watch-West-Wing-reruns-and-fold-laundry date. We really need to find time for the Cracking-walnuts date, but it's too loud to be a really quality date. But now I'm thinking that his-n-hers headlamps are a great idea. I need to get me a set of those!

Emily S. said...

Hey thanks for the idea! We may have to try that next year.

Allison said...

THAT is a great idea! Seriously. I'm doing that. :)