01 June 2009


Adam just finished reading The Hobbit to our kids. So, I had to smile when yesterday in church and one of the speakers used the word, habit, that Olivia perked up and asked,

"Why is he talking about Hobbits?"

4 comments:

Anna said...

What do you know, Rob is reading the kids The Hobbit currently. Great minds think alike fer sher.


cute little O.

Mary Ann said...

That is my experience of church right now, Olivia -- I understand completely! On Sunday the first speaker talked all about gifts, and the second one talked about a collection ("sammlung"). Turns out that a "versammlung" is a meeting. Bah, humbug, this phlegm language . . . I wish that they'd been talking about Hobbits.

David and Kris Taylor said...

I am just catching up (as always). The Kirkland Temple post was short but sweet. Before my brother Stephen remarried, we generally shopped together on Saturday morning at Costco, which we affectionately referred to as the "Kirkland Temple." Not only that, but we had a Sunday school teacher who often called it that. So it must be official!

D.

ashley said...

Mike is currently reading The Hobbit to our kids! They only have a couple more chapters to go.