14 May 2008

Mother's Day

I know that there are a variety of reasons that plenty of people don't exactly enjoy Mother's Day, but, honestly, I haven't ever been able to empathize with any of them. I'm starting to think that maybe it's my favorite holiday.

This year, besides Adam building me some raised garden beds, and then getting to spend all afternoon in my sweats and in my bed without any responsibilities or any guilt, Max made me this PowerPoint presentation at school (it does have sounds and movement, but I can't get that function to work here):




Read this doc on Scribd: I love you, Mommy-max



Now, Adam is warning me that I shouldn't admit that although I was an ace at WordPerfect 5.1 in my advanced word processing class in high school, that I think that was about the point where I peaked in my technology skillz. I've now become one of those moms that can hardly program the clock on the VCR. Anyway, I'm super proud of Max because, just as I've never owned a PDA, used a flash drive, and I still struggle with that stupid mouse button on a lap top, I've also never, ever done anything on PowerPoint. In fact, I could barely post it to this site.

But while I was having my second nap on Sunday afternoon, Max thought that he would help Olivia learn to make one too:





Read this doc on Scribd: Presentation1


Olivia's may be a little rough around the edges, but still, it's a pretty sweet Mother's Day present to see your kids become more than you are. Now I'm only hoping that I can keep up.

6 comments:

jenlinmin said...

That is too precious! I'm so proud of you for napping. Twice! I said I would take a nap on Sunday, but it was too much fun watching Andy cooking and cleaning and doing EVERYTHING for the girls on Sunday while I flipped through magazines and told the girls to "Go ask daddy" every time they opened their mouths to talk to me. I'm also loving the vicarious experience of remodeling a dream kitchen! I can't wait to see the story in BHG someday :)

Karen said...

I love it! Electronic or not homemade cards are the best (as my mother used to always say). I'm also a big fan of Mother's Day - I really enjoy being spoiled.

Anna said...

Does Max give lessons?

Zina said...

Those are ADORABLE.

You can put me in the "loves Mother's Day" camp, too -- a friend was exulting yesterday because she was sick and got to miss church on Mother's Day, and I have to admit I didn't really relate -- I would have missed the Primary children singing to their moms and grandmas, and not have gotten a pretty red geranium plant.

My kids forgot to make me cards (busy day since we went to my mom's house that afternoon, and their school and Primary classes for whatever reason didn't do that this year,) and I still want some from them, so maybe I will suggest they try Power Point. :)

Emily S. said...

That is so cool! And sweet. What adorable children.

Melin said...

Olivia's brings tears of joy to my eyes. And just the thought of children doing power point presentations...its as if they knew you'd blog about it...