For the rest of December
(in three parts: Wilmington, NYC, and Philadelphia)
(in three parts: Wilmington, NYC, and Philadelphia)
I made four loaves of bread for my friend Brandy's Christmas lunch
(this is for my dear friend over at Tortillas and Oranges who successfully apprenticed me in the technique)
...we took Aunt Jayne to see the Christmas displays at Longwood Gardens
...we went bowling with the Andersons, where this boy surprised us with exhibiting a double ear infection making for a last minute Drs. visit,
but where Jayne got the high score of 137
(made only slightly less impressive by the fact
that in 2nd place was 2yr old Wyatt with 134).
....went to NYC for Christmas
....actually getting Adam and Sharon to go to Rockerfeller Center
and brave the crowds of tourists
....happy kids on Christmas morning
....Olivia's handmade bookmark for Aunt Jayne (and one for Max too)
...Jayne's first hotdog from Gray's Papaya
....checking out what Dad looked like as a little kid
....getting Adam and Sharon to actually go to the
American Museum of Natural History and brave the crowds of tourists
...making sure Jayne doesn't leave Philly without having had both a proper cheesesteak and a pulled-pork w/ brocoli rabe sandwich from Reading Terminal Market
....a sweet boy whose only present from Santa was a binky clip
(but having no complaints about that)
(p.s. this photo was taken at Reading Terminal Market by a man who offered to take a picture of me and Saul together referring to us as "yous guys." I heart Philly.)
....Whoopee Pies for dessert
....a visit to the Franklin Institute and the Body World's exhibit (very cool!)
....cheese fondue for dinner
And other fun (un-photodocumented stuff) like...
...catching up with a few NYC friends at church
(and missing the last two hours of meetings because of it...oops)
...getting to see White Christmas on Broadway w/ Jayne and Sharon
(and taking a couple of rides on the elevators at the Marriott Marquis just for kicks)
...a day at the MoMa and the kids' request to see Starry Night
...two trips to Chinatown for knock-offs
...a piano recital with the neighbors
...seeing Sherlock Holmes
....a tour of Independence Hall and seeing the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia
and, of course,
...lots and lots of good food, fun conversation, and game playing.
So When Olivia asked me the other day when she gets to go back to school because she really misses school, I was all, like, "What, this hasn't been the best time ever and you want to go back to school?"
Some people!
11 comments:
But aren't you kinda sorta ready to have them go back to school? Or am I the only guilty mother here?
Saul is adorable! Look at that grin! And I can't believe how big he is getting. Also, Jane looks so much like you - crazy how grown up she is too. It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas break.
So many wonderful pictures. I love the one of Adam and the kids looking at the photo album.
I think your NYC trips are like our HI trips....I like to go see everything and they like to stay away from the tourists. I'm glad they obliged you. Looks magical and wonderful.
What COOL pictures! But when your subjects are the Fennimore/Smith clans, it's hard to get it wrong I would guess! Happy 2010 you guys!
How fun and so eventful! Love the pictures!
Wow. Wow. And wow! So amazing to be in NYC for Christmas. Thanks for sharing so I can drool :-)
Sounds like you guys have been busy having tons of fun! Saul is soooo cute!
I have to admit this made me a little tired to imagine--I guess I am not one to brave the crowds. It looks really fun and magical, though. And I am right there with you in not being ready for the holidays to be over. I've kept telling myself that life can't be all summer break and Christmas break, but I really wish it could be.
Happy New Year! While I loved seeing the pics of NYC and all of your beautiful happy faces, I have to admit, I'm still drooling over the bread. :)
Your Christmas festivities sound SO delightful, busy and FUN! YEAH for "you guys!"
Your bread is GORGEOUS. Why have you outdone me again???
Post a Comment