
We're coming off of a big winter snow storm and two days off of school thanks to the icy conditions (although yesterday was lovely and sunny, even if cold). But it was cold enough to freeze the pipes in my kitchen (strange....), so just watch....today will be just the day I have this baby considering that the counter is full of dirty dishes that I didn't feel like getting to last night.
And now it would drive me absolutely crazy if I had to leave them for something like giving birth.
Oh great!.....so I opened up the door to our crawl space under the kitchen hoping that the warm air from the house will help thaw the pipes in there. However, our cat must have made his way in there and now he's come back with a mouse that he's currently playing with under the table next to my desk. Yes, a real mouse. AAAAHHHH!!
p.s. Before I go figure out how to get the mouse out of here, I should mention that the photo above comes from the site TalkLikeAPhysicist.com, which is a funny site, or maybe just funny for those who have to spend a lot of time with physicists who always give a good laugh to jokes involving a theorist and an experimentalist walking into a bar. Anywayzzzz...apparently, March 14 2009 is "Talk Like a Physicist Day"....
....now that sounds like a much better day for having a baby.
6 comments:
How fun that I had a baby on Talk like a Physcist day.
How horrifying to have a dead mouse in your house. I can't think of anything more horrifying. I have a debilitating dislike of all rodents. It must stem from living in the most over-run-with -mice house during my childhood. EEEEEK.
I hope you can push your due date ahead to where you want it. Good luck!
You guys are getting all the snow right now. We look like spring is here but I know Utah weather...it's a trick.
...Assuming the mouse IS completely dead, right?
I my gosh you are getting close! So exciting! Anxious to hear any news :-)
We are looking forward to pizza pie and some kind of dessert pie on Saturday... and then wouldn't it be great if we also heard our favorite physicist family had a baby on 3.14? Good luck Jennette... we're crossing our fingers for you! And dishes? That's why we had kids, isn't it ;)
Post a Comment